Post a job for $45 for 30 days.
Drop us a line at email@example.com to get your job posted instantly.
✓ All jobs posted are also shared to Afriapps' Facebook and Twitter networks.
✓ Reach a wide audience of professionals in your location and across the world.
✓ Benefit from Afriiapps' exclusivity by being one of the few in a clean, selective and non-cluttered medium.
✓ Make a statement about your organisation by posting your vacany on a Afriapps' high-end platform.
✓ Reach a higher calibre of candidates due to Afriapps' appeal to the selective and discerning professional.
02 October 2013
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Digital Brand
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis Communications experience a plus.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc. required.
- Multilingual abilities (specifically Kiswahili and Chinese) a major plus.
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- The CCO requires a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first”. In essence, the CCO is the corporate storyteller that must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer.
Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical that the CCO retain an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist.)
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company's stated goals.
Competencies required for this Role
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
The Chief Content Officer (CCO) oversees all marketing/communication content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.The position collaborates with the departments of public relations, communications, marketing, customer service, IT and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Ultimately, the job of the CCO is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development ofcontent initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
• Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
• Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
• The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
• Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
• Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
• Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results.
• Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
• Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
• Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
• Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
• Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
• Conducting periodic competitive audits.
• Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
• Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
• Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
• Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
• Work closely with company's Chief Design Officer on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
The CCO is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- A decrease in sales/buying cycles.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
- Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity.
Carrying out tasks and assignments that are handed over from senior management from time to time.
Customers of this Position
All Departments in the Bank
Interested in this position? Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
01 October 2013
To contribute to the Bank’s Strategy development and execution by web developers to be responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for progressive online activism and community building. Our web developers work closely with our project managers, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
1. Develop a consistent voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence; in terms of the functionality and features offered.
2. Manage and maintain the online properties of the bank.
3. Develop a strong online presence by ensuring the web properties are up to date and exceed current market trends.
4. Proactively seek to coherently grow the online platforms for the Bank.
5. Identify opportunities to craft site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns.
6. Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web and promotional properties.
7. Reaching out to key verticals in order to publish content by Chase Group staff in order to gain exposure.
8. Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
9. Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
10. Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
11. Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
12. Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
13. Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
14. Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
15. Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience in Content Management Systems e.g. Joomla, Wordpress etc
- 3 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
- 2 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Development experience using extensible Web / Mobile Web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus.
Competencies required for this Role
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactivity to seek and engage with current events
- Above average research and writing skills with the ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures without extensive training.
- Ability to quickly pivot and adapt to change
- Outstanding organization skills, ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communicator, have good written presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills. Individual must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
Download the PDF version here.
Interested in this position? Email your CV to email@example.com.
12 June 2013
Imagine a world where fridge doors were greaseless and oven hobs gleamed; where sinks were spotless and bathroom tiles as white as they once seemed...
This is no new age utopia. This is MOP, cleaning up the city.
Nice intro. What’s MOP?
MOP is a London-based startup brushing the cobwebs off the cleaning industry.
We’re transforming the process of booking a cleaner via a beautifully simple and secure online and app booking system with excellent, intuitive user experience.
We’re not sure if you’ve tried to book a cleaner online before, but trust us, it’s more of a nightmare than Westfield on Saturdays. This market is screaming out for innovation and that’s why we started MOP. Finding a cleaner shouldn’t be a chore.
Sounds good. What’s the role?
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX designer with a passion for seamless user interaction and beautiful interfaces: a talented front-end developer who’ll help us create the next generation of our web platform.
Right now it’s an extremely exciting time for MOP. We’ve raised investment, we’re moving out of Beta and reworking our site based on customer feedback collected over the last few months. The candidate who fills this role will be absolutely instrumental in shaping the overall brand from here on out. They’ll have the opportunity to implement new features, improving existing ones and control the entire customer experience.
Ideally, you’ll sit back and feel comfortable at the mention of the following skills:
• Experience with wireframes, responsive design, complex builds and user testing methods.
• A portfolio of demonstrable UX skills
• Illustrator, Photoshop or an equivalent
MOP needs someone who has a flair for graphic design, colors, typography and visual hierarchy and gestalt and who's able to apply this to the web service design of our forthcoming mobile app.
I’m listening. What’s in it for me?
As well as the chance to change an industry forever, we’re offering:
• £35-40,000 salary dependent on experience + considerable equity + bonus
• Working in Bathtub2Boardroom, a fast-paced and fun environment based next to Victoria Park (perfect for summer BBQs!)
• A fortnightly houseclean for your London abode
• A unique role working alongside the founders with the responsibility and opportunity to make a huge difference: we're impacting real people
Sweet deal. Anything else you can tell me?
The founders (Pete and Tom) escaped the City. See our story on the MOP blog -http://www.wearemop.com/blog/
MOP is seed funded with great investors and advisors on board.
We’re growing quickly: we’ve already started trading and have a strong growth curve.
With such a unique position in the industry, there’s a real opportunity to do great things with us; to create jobs and make a difference to hundreds of lives by building a product solely from your personal input and expertise.
OK, so how can I apply?
Email us your CV with your portfolio, website - hell, you can send us a video clip if you want - to firstname.lastname@example.org Check out our current site http://wearemop.com and we’d love to hear your feedback when applying.
11 June 2013
We're looking for a high-energy, motivated CTO Co-Founder preferably with backend development experience. Our intention is to give equity and pay a salary of circa 40k depending on experience the salary maybe higher or lower. We are a start up and about to close our first round of seed capital.
Koburn is a crowd sourced film production business. We gather, create and distribute customer generated video content for established brands. We are working with a variety of clients ranging from music festivals, charities, conservation, motor sports and horse racing.
This role will focus 80% of the time on development tasks, with the remaining time spent on providing technical aid, aligning expectations and tasks, and hiring and mentoring the rest of the developers and sharing knowledge.
You will work in an agile team, and will collaboratively design, document and re develop Koburn’s MVP. Your aim will be to build a beautiful, truly unique, user experience for the people who shoot film for our communities.
Koburn is 1 year old and due to the nature of start up you will work closely with founding members Jack and Emily.
Own the technical solution that is being built during its entire life-cycle
Lead, support, align and supervise other developers (once hired) work, both technical and functional
Quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
Stay current on Web and mobile development technologies and industry trends
Participate in product requirement and design reviews
Develop time-estimates for work assignments
Backend experience essential.
Experience in video preferred.
Experience in UI design and UX
Experience in more than one of the following mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone
Great Interest in the mobile video industry
Passionate about problem solving
Confident and proud of your work
Proactive and self-motivated
Value judgment and common sense over process
Ability to learn quickly
A sense of humor always helps
BS in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering preferred.
Some international travel may be required inline with individual project requirements
Founders Jack and Emily are extremely passionate about their product and inspired by the impact it has on customers and communities they are creating. We believe in collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
We will consider share options for employees.
Job Type: Standard
09 April 2013
Ushahidi is a fast-paced, boundary-pushing team of designers and developers positioned around the world, and we’re looking to hire a talented front-end designer and developer to our team.
We currently develop three software products -- Ushahidi Core, Crowdmap and SwiftRiver -- and are approaching the release of our first hardware product. So we’re looking for a designer and developer that’s eager to contribute to multiple teams and projects, designing their user experience, user interfaces and web markup.
It doesn’t matter where Ushahidi team members live. The most important thing is that you have great design chops, can work autonomously and communicate effectively across the seven different timezones our team reaches.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for all things design; from our corporate website to the UI design of our products. You might spend some days designing the UI for a control panel, other days building the front-end for a new feature, assembling the landing page for new product offering,or assisting with updates to our company’s official websites (ushahidi.com and subdomains).
- Passionate about clean, semantic code.
- Self-starter able to effectively manage multiple projects at once.
- Experienced with managing projects and code with git (GitHub).
- You have the discipline to work autonomously, no need to be in an office.
- Good understanding ofresponsive design, grid systems, layout and color, asset production, typography and a meticulous attention to pixel-level detail.
- Advanced Photoshop skills a must.
- Solid organizational/project management skills; flexible enough to roll with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Diligent work habits and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Fantastic communicator.
- Enjoys brainstorming and collaboration.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with PHP, esp. the Kohana or CodeIgniter frameworks.
- Experience with APIs.
- Experience with WordPress.
- A battle-hardened understanding of browser compatibility.
- Work from anywhere
- Choose the hardware and software you need to get stuff done.
- 80/20 rule (similar to Google’s).
- Health insurance
Note: Introduce yourself by sending a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Front-End Designer/Developer." In addition to sending your CV, include 2-3 links to live websites that highlight your skills and summarize (2-3 sentences max) the work you contributed to those sites.
Ushahidi is small, five-year-old company on a mission to change the way information flows in the world, creating a way for the crowd to have a voice. We do this through creating open source platforms like Ushahidi, cloud-based platforms like Crowdmap and SwiftRiver, and geting involved with our community by kick-starting resources such as CrisisMappers and building out spaces like the iHub in Nairobi.