The Manjano Nairobi Visual Arts Exhibition is being hosted at the Village Market Nairobi and will run for a number of days. If you are around the area, get time and go check out the great art work by various artists.
Feel free to contact the organisers here;
254 (0)20 555770 or 555227
Mobile: +254 726 992 200
Asilia is proud to have successfully held its first training session: Project Web - A one-day course in executing successful website projects.
In attendance were:
- Adaka Lineker from Catapult
- Ras Mwilitsa from Asilia
- Adam Nelson (facilitator)
- JS Kitololo of Africlub (facilitator)
- Mark Kaigwa of African Digital Art & Afrinnovator
- Naazneen Parker from Chase Bank
- Andrew Mugoya from Asilia (facilitator)
A big thank you to all the organisers, facilitators, promoters and participants.
Register here to be updated on Asilia's future training sessions.
The mission of Science Hack Day is to get excited and make things with science! It is a 48-hour-all-night event that brings together designers, developers, scientists and other geeks in the same physical space for a brief but intense period of collaboration, hacking, and building 'cool stuff'
(image from http://www.sciencehackday.or.ke)
- Mother Teresa
m:lab East Africa will be holding its third Pivot East on 25th - 26th June 2013 in Kampala Uganda. Pivot East is one of East Africa’s mobile start-ups pitching competition and conference - it has been held annually since 2011.
A key objective for Pivot East 2013 is “to facilitate discovery of the next wave of high potential mobile start-ups”. The main difference between the 2013 competition and the previous years’ is its focus on start-ups becoming sustainable enterprises as opposed to merely showcasing mobile applications and their mobile developers. This is also in line with another key objective of Pivot East 2013 “To consolidate recent gains of the regional mobile ecosystem and help direct the thinking from mobile applications development to mobile entrepreneurship”.
- Nairobi, Kenya (Sign-up!) – 23rd March 2013
- Kampala, Uganda (Sign-up!) – 27th March 2013
- Deadline for startups entering the competition – 15th April 2013
- Training, coaching and mentorship for finalists – 13th May – 16th June 2013
- Finalists Pitching Conference in Kampala – 25th and 26th June 2013